Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Day 5 - Getting The Hang of This

Cambria to Solvang

The rhythm of the ride is now established. Thinking of doing 100 miles or more is now not even a thought. It feels odd to me to think this way, but that's what it has become. Hills don't matter. Flats don't matter. But wind - THAT matters!! And there was plenty of headwinds this morning. But once I entered Pismo Beach, they were gone and now became tailwinds.

I passed through Morro Bay, Pismo Beach, Oceano, Guadalupe and then stopped in Orcutt, just south of Santa Maria for a sandwich. That was about 80 miles into the day.





Going east, I was now in wine country. More specifically, this is the area where they shot the film Sideways. They also grow a lot of flowers in this area. [btw - if you click on any of these pictures, they will enlarge to the actual size.] I rode through Foxen Canyon, up Ballard Canyon and down into Solvang finishing the day with 116 miles and 4800 feet. Also had my best time/average today. Looking forward to heading home tomorrow.



No comments: