Monday, September 24, 2007

Day 3 - The Sun Shines

Half Moon Bay to Carmel



Finally! No legwarmers and I needed my sunglasses. By the end of the day the arm warmers and the vest was off too. How normal :). Anyway, got a late start today but it was smooth sailing, er... riding out of Half Moon Bay. About 28 miles in to the ride I met another rider, George, and he kept me company until we hit Santa Cruz - about 45 miles from HMB. Here are some pics from that stretch.




John met me in Santa Cruz where I refueled and took a break (since George was keeping a quick pace). Not so by the way, John (Pit Crew) Anderson, has been great! I could not have asked for better. Here's a shot of John about to make that important call to his editor.



After the passing through Santa Cruz I went through several other farming town until reaching Monterey. I took a bit of a leisurely ride through Monterey, Pacific Grove and 17 mile Drive (Pebble Beach). Then down into Carmel to our friends home where we're spending the night. All in all - 113 miles & 4600 ft of climbing. And if you believe my computer, I burned 6900 calories!! And how about that sign......



No comments: