Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day 15 - Mostly Solo

Today was a good day. Everything started off fine. Rode past Santa Fe and then through a nice little town, Madrid. In Madrid, I got my 2nd flat of the day. No complaints though, I haven't had a flat all trip. And it's quite common, for some reason, for people to have multiple flats in a day. The scenery more than made up for it though. Lot's of climbing and lot's of solitude.

Right after lunch there was a 1 mile climb that averaged 15%. I knew to eat a light lunch! I then rode mostly on my own through the middle of nowhere, New Mexico. But the skies were offering a great show. Clouds seem to form out of nowhere. You can see the rain fall, 20 miles away. Some thunder and lightning too.

We've been eating Mexican food the last 2 nights and it looks like this will continue for the rest of the trip. But hey, that's what you eat in New Mexico :)

Espanola, NM to Moriarity, NM

My Garmin has stopped working.

Todays Stats:
Day 15 - 118 miles
Elevation gain - about 6000 ft.








1 comment:

mosheo said...

Don't throw your Garmin away. I have learned tricks on how to reset it and it usually solves most of the problems.