Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Day 9 - Midway

Most of us were pretty wiped out from yesterday and planned on using today's short ride as a true recovery ride. I'm proud to say that I did this too :). Only once did my HR go above 110.

It was overcast and drizzling when we left Vernal and her pink dinosaur. Now we were really heading into the heart of Dinosaur country. In fact, we would go right through the town of Dinosaur, CO.






Two days ago we went through the town of Pickleville. Today, I saw the Pickle Stop. I wonder what it is with Pickles and this area. Anyway, I took this picture for Randi to acknowledge her love of pickles and all condiments. Enjoy ;)






Short and quick, not much to say about today. We all had lunch together today in Rangely. Since we were so early it was a good opportunity to clean my bike and take care of some other bike issues.



The next 4 days in Colorado are what everyone is really looking forward to. Lot's of climbing and some of it at very high elevations. We will be ending our rides in Grand Junction, Montrose & Durango.

Vernal, UT to Rangely, CO

Todays Stats:
Day 9 - 52 miles
RT - 3:10
Avg - 16.2
Elevation gain - 1800 ft.
Weather - Cloudy, some rain

TOTAL STATS:
9 days - 1,007 miles
39,139 feet of climbing
57 hours, 48 minutes on the saddle

2 comments:

Bernd Straehle said...

Wow, already over 1,000 miles! This is unknown territory for me. Keep it up!

Matt Kavanaugh said...

Great day. Looking forward to reading about the "mountain stages" coming up :))